Adobe Animate CC Resources
Adobe product pages
- Adobe Animate CC product page
- Help & reference PDF
- Feature list
- FAQ (compatibility, etc.)
- Adobe Animate Team Blog
- Adobe Animate 30 day free trial
- Adobe Community Forums for Animate CC
- Sign in with your Adobe ID to ask questions
Books (Amazon links)
As of winter 2018, there still are not many books available on Adobe Animate CC.
Note: If you search you will come across a number of books on "Adobe Edge Animate"; this is not what you want. "Adobe Edge Animate" was a different HTML5 animation program and has been discontinued by Adobe.
No books are necessary for the course, I simply list them as resources for those who want a book reference in addition to the class instruction.
- Beginning Adobe Animate CC: Learn to Efficiently Create and Deploy Animated and Interactive Content
- Tom Green & Joseph Labrecque
- To date, this is the best book on Adobe Animate CC currently available. It covers both the baics and some of the more in-depth topics.
- Adobe Animate CC Classroom in a Book (2017 release)
- By Russell Chun
- $59.99 list, $53.61 Amazon
- This is a weaker choice, but still a useful book on Adobe Animate CC. It has good sections on a lot of the important techniques. It's major flaw is that it is basically a revised and updated book on the Flash authoring tool (which was the predecessor of Adobe Animate CC). The HTML5 Canvas information, which is more important now, is somewhat tacked on rather than being the core of the book.
Third party resource sites
Alternative software for HTML5 animation
- Google Web Designer
- Mac/Win, free
- Tumult Hype 3
- Mac only - Free Trial; Regular version: $50; Pro version: $99
- Hippo Animator
- Mac/Win, Free Starter Version - Full version: $50
- Mac/Win, currently a free Beta version
- Sencha Animator (discontinued)
- Appears to be discontinued without explanation from the company